- Briggs Automotive Company (BAC) is once again celebrating performance greatness, as the Mono supercar has set the fastest-ever production car lap record at the famous Zolder Circuit in Belgium
- Beating the previous best record by over a tenth of a second, Mono surged around the circuit and posted a scintillating time of 1:38.12 to take it straight to the top of the lap leaderboard
- Before Mono took to the tarmac, the McLaren 650S held the fastest lap record at Zolder, with a 1:38:23
- Mono’s record is even more remarkable given that it was achieved in damp conditions – reinforcing the car’s frightening potential
- Belgian TV station FLEET captured the track action, with driver Jeffrey van Hooydonk in the cockpit. Watch the exhilarating lap record here: https://youtu.be/PBYlDfVNUX4
Briggs Automotive Company (BAC) has once again made history, as its Mono supercar has become the fastest-ever production car to lap the famous Zolder Circuit in Belgium.
The world-famous single-seater and ultimate piece of sporting equipment set a truly breath-taking lap time of 1:38.12 seconds to completely blow its competition out of the water – smashing the previous best record by over a tenth of a second.
In the hands of Belgian TV station FLEET with driver Jeffrey van Hooydonk in the cockpit, Mono surged around the 4km circuit and perfectly demonstrated the exemplary level power and precision that’s made it a track hero worldwide.
Mono took to Zolder with the McLaren 650S’s impressive time of 1:38.23 to beat, but it didn’t blink and romped home with time to spare. A truly remarkable achievement.
You can watch Mono’s scintillating lap here: https://youtu.be/PBYlDfVNUX4
What makes Mono’s achievement even more impressive is that it was set in damp conditions at Zolder – highlighting the frightening potential of the single-seater supercar.
Mono is no stranger to giant-killing track success, having set the fastest-ever Goodwood Festival of Speed Roadcar Hill Climb time, topping Top Gear’s Power Lap Leaderboard in 2013 and famously becoming the quickest car ever tested by evo Magazine at the Anglesey Coastal Circuit last year – seeing off race-specific, slick-shod competition like the McLaren P1 GTR in the process.
Plus, its Hungaroring lap time of 1:54.00, nine seconds faster than a Ferrari 458 Speciale, in 2015 further underlines Mono’s credentials as a world-beater.
Its feat at Zolder is right up there with the very best, and FLEET is honouring BAC and the Mono throughout the Brussels Motor Show with a special display. Visitors to the event can get up close and personal with the very car that set the fastest-ever lap time and enjoy the accompanying video.
BAC co-founder and Direction of Product Development Neill Briggs said: “What an incredible feat this is for BAC. Mono has proved on countless occasions that it can compete with the best in the business, and its fantastic lap at Zolder has hammered home the fact that it really is a pace icon – it also goes to show that Mono really does drive as good as it looks! We set out to make Mono the ultimate driver’s car, and it’s proved its worth with FLEET. Going faster than the McLaren 650S in damp conditions is just fantastic, and we’re very much enjoying celebrating the achievement at the Brussels Motor Show.”
The Brussels Motor Show runs until 21st January, with Mono at the FLEET TV stand in Hall 1 for the duration of the event.